Room for Hope event coming up Tuesday, September 22nd at FUMC! Visit the event page to learn more and see a full schedule of the day’s events!
The Allies for Peace with Justice in Palestine of FUMC: For a Just and Sustainable Peace in Israel-Palestine Shalom-Peace-Salaam
The Allies for Peace with Justice in Palestine of First United Methodist Church of Boulder (FUMC) welcomes all individuals working for a just and sustainable peace in Israel-Palestine. We are a new organization based at FUMC and started by some church members who traveled to Israel-Palestine in the fall of 2013. We are dedicated to human rights and non-violence.
We provide educational events and presentations for FUMC and the greater community including:
• Networking with secular and faith community of all religions
• Cooperative ventures with other like-minded organizations
• Cultural programs
• Financial and solidarity support of charitable organizations in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza
• Solidarity visits to Israel-Palestine
Organizations We Support
• Pilgrims of Ibillin supports the Mar Elias Educational Institutions and other mission projects that cultivate a just peace in Israel-Palestine. Pilgrims of Ibillin provides this support through financial resources, education, and peace building projects.
• Bright Stars of Bethlehem focuses on holistic community building to support civic, cultural, psychosocial, artistic and educational programs.
• Tent of Nations builds bridges of understanding and peace through educational programs that respect the environment and cultivate Palestinian land under threat of confiscation.
• Wi`am empowers the community and promotes peaceful alternatives to conflict within families, the community and beyond.
• Middle East Collective a local group that focuses on creating a just peace based on human rights and international law in regard to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
• Boulder Nablus Sister City Project fosters relationships based on cultural, educational, information and trade exchanges, creating lifelong friendships that support prosperity and peace through person-to-person “citizen diplomacy.”
Sunday, May 24th, 4:30-6:30 pm, at First United Methodist Church of Boulder (FUMC)
October 16-29, 2015
Living Stones Pilgrimage to Israel/Palestine
The Rev. Joan Deming, Pilgrims of Ibillin Executive Director, will lead a study tour of Israel/Palestine sponsored by Pilgrims of Ibillin this October 15-29, 2015
Ten of us from FUMC did this tour in October of 2013 and thought it was so great that we wanted to share and hope others will be inspired to go as well. The Living Stones Tour isn’t simply a “walk where Jesus walked” tour, but a chance to meet the Living Stones of Israel/Palestine today: the people living in Jesus’ land and working daily for the just peace that he longed for all of God’s children to experience. To learn more about this amazing opportunity to experience Israel/Palestine first-hand, please email Rev. Joe Agne at revagne at fumcboulder dot org.