Christian faith and life in community call us to care for one another. The programs of the First Church congregational care umbrella offer a variety of ways, coordinated, promoted and celebrated by the Care Ministries team.
Love in Action
- Provides meals, transportation, errands, etc. for short-term needs
- Coordinated by Helga Schroeder with a significant group of volunteers on call
Spruce Street Angels
- Offers one-on-one friendship and support on a long-term basis
- Coordinated by Helga Schroeder
The Prayer Chain
- Offers intercessory prayers upon request for needs and concerns
- Co-coordinators are Kay Strauss, Ginny Wells, and Helga Schroeder
- Offers visitation to hospitals and nursing homes as need requires
- Coordinated by Beth Hayward
Additional care ministries are proposed. For information, to volunteer, or offer suggestions, please contact Ginny Wells.
Personal contact information for the individuals mentioned above is not provided on this page in order to protect their privacy. If you don’t have a church directory, and need help contacting one of the coordinators of the Care Ministries, please call (303-442-3770) or email the Church Office.